Core Faculty of Family Medicine
Dr. Tehzeeb Zulfiqar
Research Areas: Adult and Child Nutrition, Obesity Management, Mixed-method research, Primary Health care and Immigrant Health
+92-51-9255590-4 Ext 112
Dr. Nabila Zaka
Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
Research Areas: Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health ,Health Policy, Quality of Care, Family Planning
Tel : 92-51-9522290-4 ext.126
Dr. Ejaz Ahmed Khan
Public Health, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases
Research Areas: Burden of Disease, trauma and injuries, non-communicable diseases, communicable disease
Tel : 92-51-9522290-4
Dr. Shahzad Ali Khan
Iris, with her international experience, helps us easily understand the numbers and improves them. She is determined to drive success and delivers her professional acumen to bring the company to the next level.
Course Objectives :
- Train doctors who can work as family physicians in primary healthcare in line with international standards
- To familiarize general practitioners with the principles and significance of family practice and family medicine in strengthening Primary Health Care in Pakistan.
- To understand the role of family physician in Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and train them to promote, prevent and treat a set group of population at primary healthcare level as to deliver Essential Healthcare Package.
- To introduce various communication skills models to improve communications skills.
- To introduce the concept of Evidence Based Practice and its application in practice.
- To illustrate the principles of documentation and medical records management in the context of family practice and UHC.
- To describe the principles of health promotion and disease prevention as integrated components of the overall healthcare system.
- To revise the principles of management of common medical problems in primary care.
- M.B.B.S from a P.M.C recognized medical college
- Valid P.M.C registration
- One-year House Job in a P.M.C recognized training site
- Clinical experience of working in public or private primary health care facility will be preferred.
Salient features of certificate in Family Medicine
- Flexible blended approach (face-to-face and online) for public and Private health practitioners
- International Curriculum taught by renowned International and National experts through online mediu.
- Minimum physical presence will be required and the course will be conducted without affecting practice hours.
- The online course content will be followed by discussion forums with the relevant expert to discuss and clear concepts.
- The course is accredited by the World Health Organization.
- Limited scholarships/Financial Assistance is available.
- Admission form is available on the Health Services Academy website http://www.hsa.edu.pk/ or can be obtained from the office of the Registrar, Health Services Academy, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad, during working hours, Monday to Friday.
- The application form duly filled and submitted with all the required documents listed in the admission form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- University reserves the right to withdraw the offer of admission without mentioning any reason.
- Incomplete or application received after due date will not be entertained.
- Application form shall be submitted on due date.
Download Advertisement | Download Admission Form | Download Prospectus
Health Services Academy,
Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad.