DR. QAZI WAJID
||Title: Research Associate, R&DD
|Disciplines: Health Policy, Health System
|Research Areas: Health Policy, Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Systems
Dr. Qazi Wajid is a Public Health specialist with over 20 years of experience in the practice. He is currently the Research Associate of Research and Development Department at HSA. In his earlier career he worked as health officer in the different cantonments throughout the country working mostly in the field of sanitation, hygiene, water and food. He has been working as Deputy Assistant Director of Public Health and had opportunity to work on the environmental issues and contributing towards policy development.
Research And Teaching
Health systems, Health Policy and research methods.
- Research Associate, Health Services Academy (October 2011)
- Medical Director, Inter Service Intelligence, Islamabad (July 2005)
- Deputy Assistant Director of Public Health, Gilgit ( October 2002)
- Health Officer, Gujranwala Cantonement ( June 1999)
- Health Officer, Naval Dockyard, Karachi (July 1992)
- Health Officer, Rawalakot Cantonement (April 1990)
- MSc Public Health, UK, 2011
- MSc Community Health & Nutrition, Islamabad, 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Nutrition, Islamabad, 2006
- MBBS, Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, 1989
- Project Manager for nutritional intervention program for under five malnourishment children in Islamabad 2008
- Government health projects in northern areas in collaboration with international NGOs.
Public Health policy experience
Back to Quick Links
- Providing input into policy development on environment issues for northern areas.