MR. MAJID SHAHZAD
|| B106 (Ground Floor)
|Disciplines:Medical Anthropology, Social Determinants of Health, Qualitative Research, Health Promotion
|| +92-51-9522290-4 ext.131
|Research Areas: : Social Policy, MNCH, Social & Behavioural Aspects of Public Health, Monitoring & Evaluation
Mr. Majid Shahzad is Instructor of Social Determinants of Health & Health Promotion at Health Services Academy, Islamabad. He has MSc and MPhil in Social Anthropology from Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad. In addition, he has Bachelors Degree in Economics from Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan. Before joining Health Services Academy he was associated with Population Welfare Department, Government of the Punjab as Deputy District Population Welfare Officer.
Additionally, he graced with his presence in a variety of imperative and thought provoking conferences, seminars & training workshops in Pakistan, India, Egypt and Kenya. This participation in the company of academic assembly helped him a lot to develop a deep insight about contemporary public health issues along with the diversity of cultures.
- MPhil Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad (2008)
- MSc Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad (2005)
- BA Economics, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan (2001)
Research and Teaching
Medical Anthropology, Social Determinants of Health, Health Promotion, Social Policy, Qualitative Research
Back to Quick Links
Post Held (Most Recent First)
- Instructor, Health Services Academy Islamabad, Cabinet Division (July 2009-to date).
- Deputy District/Tehsil Population Welfare Officer, Population Welfare Department, Government of the Punjab (July 2007-July 2009).
- Program Officer, Rozan Pakistan (January-June, 2009).
- Research Assistant, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad (February 2006-August 2008).
Back to Quick Links