The Health Services Academy abides by its strict merit-based criteria with absolute transparency to select its students for the programmes. Every year, the number of Pakistani and foreign students is fixed by the Board of Governors.
All Pakistani students shall be selected on the basis of merit, out of which:
- 40% will be selected purely on merit, irrespective of their provenance;
- the remaining 60% will be selected on the basis of the provincial quotas defined in * the Civil Establishment Code (2000) . This division is shown in the following table.
additionally, out of the total number of applicants:
- a minimum of 35% of seats are reserved for women;
- a minimum of 10% of the seats are reserved for non-physicians;
- a minimum of 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates from the private sector.